Saturday, December 6, 2008

A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY IN DESPAIR


I had a dream, a dream of a fantasy land, a nation, full of bliss and happiness

I had a dream, a dream so sweet; a mirage or just another illusion in a night sleep.

I had a dream last night of a great country, with all the blessings of the lord
I suddenly woke up to find out that it was all a dream, disappointed, disgusted and depressed, I wish it wasn’t just a dream,

But I had hopes that today, the sun would be shinning and the sky will be blue.

As I stepped outside my little apartment, rain fell upon my head.
A sign of hope, luck or simply a warning sign to go back to my dream?

My car wouldn't start so I walked instead.
Walking alone along a lonely path,

I dropped my head in disgust and asked the Lord for one request.
"Lord, why is it that things don’t go well in my country?" He gently replied,
"Dear child it is because your nation doesn’t thank me for all the blessings I have endowed upon it."

“I wake it up every morning and enabled it to see the sun again. While other nations are burning,
I gave your people shelter, protected their families, and even let you get independence from the whites.

I blessed you far greater than any country around you.
But you were too busy to thank me,

you don’t go to war because I maintained your peace,
you have money in oil but what do you do with it?
Despite that I still maintained your wealth.

You have resources on your shores and knowledge to build on it,
You have plenty of food to eat, and what did you do?

You ignored me and went about your tasks. But when you
wanted something you never hesitated to ask.

You prayed to me to take away a tyrant as a leader but never bothered to pray to me to give you a better person to lead you.

I was there when you needed me, and that wasn't too long ago,
But when things started going your way, it was me you did not know.

As if that weren't enough, I provided your favorite luxuries,
This was something I didn't have to do, they weren't even necessities.

And when it was time to get on your knees and show your gratitude,
You decided that after all the blessing I have given you, you weren't in the mood.

So I decided to give you just a little test,
To show you how it would feel to stop being blessed.
I cursed you with tyrants among yourselves to lead you to an eternal doom………………,”

Suddenly I began to realize what the Lord was saying
And when I got home, I fell to my knees and started praying.

He said, "My child, you have learned and you know I do forgive,
But remember to remember this day as long as you shall live.

Remember to pass the message of love and compassion to your brothers and sisters
Remember to have faith in your lord and ask of him for guidance and protection even when in your comfort zone

I love filling the life of my creatures with joy and love, and your pain I'll alleviate it, but
Just a simple thank you would show how much you appreciate it."

No comments: